Practice is open 8.30am – 5pm Monday to Friday (Closed between 12.30-1.30)
If you need medical assistance urgently outside of the practice opening hours please contact:
- Healthdirect on 1800 022 222 or,
- Geraldton Regional Hospital on 9956 2222
- All appointments are with a doctor unless they are a scheduled immunisation or for subsequent treatments/services as directed by a bluff point medical doctor. We aim to keep you with the same doctors where possible.
- Scheduled childhood and adult immunisations ( such as the flu ) can be booked directly with the nurse in the treatment room
- A standard appointment is 10 minutes long,
- We request that complex concerns, completion of applications, mental health concerns or multiple issues are at least a double appointment (20 minutes)
- Please arrive on time for appointment to help us keep to time.
- Triage – Triage means evaluating each patient for urgency. You will be asked if the appointment reason is urgent and sometimes request some details about your conditions or reason to make an appointment. This is to assist our staff in finding he most suitable appointment time and type for you and ensuring that you get the right care at the right time.
- Please contact the practice as soon as possible if you cannot get to your appointment on time – we will do our best to reschedule.
- If you fail to attend your appointment may incur a non-attendance fee of $15 for a single appointment or $30 for a double – this will be payable prior to attending any future appointments.
We allow for some appointments to remain free every day to allow for patients to be seen on the day for more urgent issues. Please call as early as possible to arrange for one of these appointments as they are limited. To help us prioritise appointments we may ask details of your current condition.
Your General Practice is not an emergency service. If you or a person you are with is experiencing chest pain, shortness of breath or have collapsed phone 000 immediately.
- This is a non smoking facility including vaping and e cigarettes
- Please do not smoke within 10 metres of the entrance way
Phone consultations are available where suitable. Please ask the receptionist if you would like a phone consult. If you have cold and flu like symptoms we will offer you a phone consultation.
All patients’ personal information is stored on computer with doctors having password access. Destruction of Records : For children copies of their patient’s records are kept until the patient has reached the age of 25 ( unless continuing to contact the practice). For over 25 year olds records are kept for a minimum of 7 years from the time of last contact with the patient.
We are a teaching practice with Medical ,Nursing and Allied health students attending the practice. You will be informed prior to your consult if a student is present, you do have the option to not have the student present in your consult.
This practice has a system where we will contact you if there is something that your doctor would like to discuss with you. Sometimes the doctor determines that there is no further need to follow up, for example your results may have confirmed what had already been discussed with you and will request no further action needed.
If you would like to follow up with your results and you have not heard from us, please do call us and we will make an appointment for you with the doctor.
Children and Babies: We have baby changing facilities in our rest room .
- This facility and all rooms including toilets have wheelchair access.
- Information can be provided in different formats if required for hearing or sight impaired.
We can arrange for a translator to be part of the consultation. Please inform our staff at the time of booking and we can arrange for a translator.
We value your feedback, please do email the Practice Manager email@example.com or phone 08 99230252
For any matters we cannot resolve or should you be unsatisfied with the resolution of your complaint please contact the Health and Disability Services Complaints office (HaDSCO) Phone 08 6551 7600